How to Participate ?
You must submit your presentation, in a five-page (5) text format, and elaborate on how it meets the two (2) mandatory criteria: innovation and integration.
Here are the steps to complete your application:
1. Overview of your project:
- Category (commercial or multi-residential)
- Nature of Project
- General information to properly put your project in perspective and have a better understanding of your criteria
2. Innovation (50%)
You must describe in what ways your project is innovative and how it responds to the developments of the market.
- Creation of new real estate products
- Sustainable development (energy efficiency, LEED certification or other)
- Design, and design services offered
- Quality of site development
- Operation of the site and buildings
- Special collaboration with the private, public or parapublic sectors
- Creative financing or transaction
Explain the specific challenges you have faced and the innovative solutions that you used
3. Integration (50%)
Describe the integration of your project from urban, environmental, social and community-based perspectives.
Emphasize how your project fits into its physical environment, and how it contributes to improving the environment (highlights natural features, preserves banks, add parks).
Explain the specifics of your project in regards to its integration with the neighbourhood, from social and economic point of views, and the integration with components such as:
- Active or public transportation
- Openess to the human Environment
- Sharing of the public infrastructure (community halls, libraries, etc.)
- Openness to sustainable development
- The Criteria are identical for both categories
- It is mandatory to include photos of your project as appendix to your presentation. Their number is unlimited, so do not hesitate to support your statements with pictures.
- Your presentation must count a maximum of (5) pages (excluding the appendix).
- Projects submitted after the deadline, Febuary 22nd, 2012, will not be admitted to the contest.
- You must print your presentation in 5 copies.